- “Dreaming About What’s Ahead: Preserving the Richard Steinheimer Collection,” an in-depth look at the photography and legacy of our community’s greatest photographers, by Elrond Lawrence.
- “Weather Effects,” the stunning winners of the 2022 John E. Gruber Creative Photography Awards; first prizes went to Ray Lewis for color and Christopher J. May for black-and-white.
- “Portraits on the Plains: Winold Reiss’ paintings for the Great Northern Railway,” about an exhibition curated by members of the Blackfeet Nation at the Museums of Plains Indian in Browning, Montana, by Justin Franz.
- In this edition of “The Railroad and the Art of Place,” Stan Trzoniec leads a photographic tour of the Delaware & Hudson’s Oneonta Shops.
- Spend a week in Sacramento packing up the Steinheimer Collection with archivist Adrienne Evans in this highly entertaining and informative installment of our “Out of the Archives” column.
- Get to know twin brothers and extraordinary railroad photographers Mike and Mark Nelson with the latest edition of “The Extra Ingredient: People” by Inga Velten.
There’s also an in-depth report about “Railroaders: Jack Delano’s Homefront Photography” at the Historic Pullman Foundation plus more on all of the Center’s traveling exhibitions and online events, a review of the new book “Moniker: Identity Lost and Found,” and tributes to three recently deceased members: Den Adler, Mark E. Entrop, and Peter A. Hansen.
If you don’t receive it already, join the Center and have four issues delivered to your mailbox each year.
$7.95, 68 pages, color and b/w; purchase individual copies: