We love our members! This Valentine’s Day we want to celebrate the best part of our organization – YOU! Be one of the first 15 people to join or renew between February 7-14 to receive a special Valentine’s edition of our journal Railroad Heritage 2018:3. Join or renew at www.railphoto-art.org/support/
*UPDATE: All issues have been taken, thanks for your support!
In this heartfelt issue, Kate Botkin regales readers on how she “married into” railroading. Her cover story What I Did For Love tells how she ultimately fell in love with railroad photography after marrying and traveling to more than twenty countries with her husband Bill Botkin. Kate’s skills grew and she became a talented photographer in her own right. Both Kate and Bill Botkin have promised their collections to the Center for Railroad Photography & Art.
Other articles include:
- Railroad Expressionism: Trains, loneliness, and hope in the art of Catherine Gibbs
- Looking Again: After Promontory – How photographers have viewed transcontinental railroads
- Inside the Exhibition: Wallace W. Abbey
- Fashionable People Traveling By Train: The first modern Dutch railway posters
- Out of the Archives: Metadata revisited: best practices and prioritizing