- Our cover story by Justin Franz explores the resurgence of film in railroad photography, featuring great photographs and perspectives from him and ten great photographers.
- Ben Bachman explores the urban grit of Seattle — and the BNSF, UP, and Amtrak trains that crawl through its waterfront and downtown spaces – in a spectacular “Railroads and the Art of Place” photo feature.
- Archivist Adrienne Evans interviews newer staff member Abigail Guidry, who is blazing through the processing of our John Gruber Collection, and you’ll see some of her favorite Gruber images.
- Artist Roger Watts treats us to an in-depth look at his work and creative process, featuring ten of his stunning graphite drawings that range from steam locomotives to subways and container yards.
- Elrond Lawrence’s fond tribute to legendary western rail photographer Stan Kistler, who passed away in September.
- Artist Henry Widenaar’s Last Run, Swiss railways’ winter sports advertising, news, book reviews, and more!
If you don’t receive it already, join the Center and have four issues delivered to your mailbox each year.